Boeing Disasters Continue As 737 Engine Rips Off During Denver Flight

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said that a Southwest Airlines plane returned to Denver on Sunday morning, April 7th, after a takeoff incident in which the engine cover came off and hit a wing flap.

According to Southwest Airlines, the Boeing 737 made a safe landing, and the passengers destined for Houston were transferred to another plane.

The airline said it regrets any inconvenience caused by its delay, but ensuring the safety of customers and staff members is its top concern. Maintenance specialists were reviewing the aircraft.

To make its aircraft safer, Boeing said it would base employee compensation on quality and safety objectives, not only financial ones.

According to reports, another incident has befallen the airline this week. Last Thursday, an engine fire forced the cancellation of a flight departing from Texas. A confirmation from the Lubbock Fire Department indicated that one of the two engines required extinguishment.

Both events are being investigated by the FAA.  The jets were 737-800s, an earlier version of the 737 MAX.

The 737 MAX model, which was banned globally after two deadly disasters, is one of many Boeing 737 aircraft that have been the subject of persistent safety concerns. This event adds to those worries.

John Barnett, a whistleblower who recently died under suspicious circumstances, had brought attention to difficulties with quality control and worker safety at Boeing’s manufacturing sites.

Just one day before he was supposed to wrap his confidential testimony in a case against the aviation firm he had worked for most of his career, the whistleblower’s body was discovered in his pickup in a hotel parking lot in South Carolina, on March 9.

According to an anonymous Boeing employee who spoke to a media outlet, employees were doubtful about the reason for Barnett’s death, which had been first classified as a suicide.

While responding to a welfare check request, a member of the hotel staff discovered Barnett’s lifeless body in the vehicle. They called the police, who arrived to find him wounded in the head and holding a firearm.

Boeing is not now the subject of an inquiry or suspicion of wrongdoing, according to the police.