Where Princess Diana’s Bodyguard Went After Surviving Her Limo Crash

(JustPatriots.com)- After forging a prosperous new life for himself after being left the only survivor of a crash that killed the princess and her lover, Dodi Al-Fayed, Diana’s bodyguard, Trevor Rees-Jones, is now the chief of security at AstraZeneca.

In a £500,000 detached property in Oswestry, Shropshire, that he purchased four years ago, 54-year-old Rees-Jones lives with his wife Ann, a teacher, their two daughters, and their dog. This is the first time he has been seen out and about with his family in five years.

His face still bears the scars from the automobile accident on August 31, 1997, which also claimed the life of Al-Fayed’s driver, Henri Paul.

After suffering severe head and chest injuries, Mr. Rees-Jones spent ten days in a coma. Doctors rebuilt his face using 150 titanium parts based on an old photograph of him.

Following the tragedy, the twice-married former Paratrooper experienced “deep” amnesia and was able to speak only in whispers and in writing.

Amazingly, six months after the disaster, he was back at work for Mohammed Al-Fayed before resigning to “move on.”

He moved back to Shropshire, where he had grown up, and spent some time working in a neighborhood sports store.

After serving in a security capacity for the UN for a brief period, he made a “fortune” working for the world’s largest oil services company Halliburton, where he held the position of the Texan company’s chief of security for Iraq during the Iraq War.

Before beginning his present position as global head of security at AstraZeneca, the company that created the Oxford University Covid vaccine, he returned to Shropshire five years ago.

According to his profile on LinkedIn, he is headquartered in Shrewsbury and has experience with international operations.

A source has said that his life is currently quiet and unremarkable. He doesn’t actively seek out or discuss publicity. He has made an effort to move on and resume his life.

In his book, The Bodyguard’s Story, he claims to have little memory of what happened after the accident. He left Harrods and relocated to the U.S. to manage security for Halliburton during the Iraq War. Rees-Jones was the son of British Army surgeon Colin Rees and nurse Gill. He married Ann Scott, a professor at the Belvidere School in Shrewsbury, in 2003.

Henri Paul committed a mistake by getting behind the wheel of the car after drinking, the court found.