(JustPatriots.com)- Following the awful suicide bombings outside of Kabul’s international airport on Thursday, the Pentagon is reportedly bracing for yet more attacks. The bombings were committed by jihadists from ISIS-K, an offshoot of the Taliban that does not believe in abiding by any deals made with the United States.
The Thursday bombings resulted in the deaths of 13 American soldiers and 60 innocent Afghans.
A U.S. official told Reuters that the number of U.S. personnel expected to be killed by the attack is likely to be much higher and that more explosions and attacks are expected.
These were the first American military casualties to occur in Afghanistan since February of last year and is the most deadly incident for American soldiers in the country for 10 years. It signifies just how powerless the U.S. military has become in Afghanistan thanks to Biden’s horrible handling of the military withdrawal.
Just imagine how different the situation would be if Biden had not ordered the military to leave behind tens of billions of dollars’ worth of military equipment, and had not evacuated military personnel while Americans were still in the country.
There were at least two explosions outside of the gates to the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul. It kills dozens of people who were desperately trying to be evacuated from the country ahead of the Taliban-imposed August 31 deadline to remove all American troops.
ISIS-K claimed the attack in a statement, and said that they were specifically targeting translators and Afghans who had collaborated with the U.S. Army.
Frank McKenzine, the Marine Corps General and the chief of the United States Military Central Command, said following the incident that there are “other active threat streams” and that the attacks are likely to continue. He added that the Pentagon is doing “everything we can to be prepared.”
And not so much as an apology from President Joe Biden so far…