Nine People Shot In South Carolina Nightclub Shooting

( In the wee hours of Easter morning, a shooting took place in Hampton County, South Carolina that left at least nine people injured.

According to a statement from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED), the shooting occurred at Cara’s Lounge in Furman, South Carolina. There were no fatalities.

The Hampton County Sheriff’s Office said on Monday that the incident didn’t appear to be a random act and there was no ongoing threat to the community. The victims were transported from the scene to nearby hospitals by other bystanders before sheriff’s deputies arrived.

Cara’s Lounge was hosting an Easter bash at the time when the shooting began outside. People outside of the lounge rushed for safety, even diving into nearby ditches to avoid the gunfire.

On Saturday, there had been a drive-by shooting in a residential area in nearby Estill, South Carolina where gunmen in two vehicles began shooting at each other. Estill Police Chief A.D. Williams said on Monday that local and state police are trying to confirm if there is a connection between Saturday’s drive-by in Estill and Sunday’s shooting at Cara’s Lounge.

The Cara’s Lounge shooting comes the same weekend as another shooting in South Carolina that left fourteen injured.

That shooting, near the food court in the Columbia Centre Mall on Saturday afternoon.

Jewayne Price, 22, along with two other “persons of interest” were immediately taken into custody after the shooting.

According to law enforcement, the shooting was an “isolated incident” that was prompted by an unspecified “ongoing conflict” between the two gunmen.

Initially, Jewayne Price was only charged with unlawfully carrying a pistol. The judge originally set a $25,000 surety bond and ordered him to wear an ankle monitor while on house arrest.

However, Price appeared in court again on Tuesday facing 9 counts of assault and battery, attempted murder, and unlawful possession of a firearm where he was denied bond on those charges.

The other two suspects, Marquise Robinson and Amari Smith were also arrested and charged with 9 counts of assault and battery, attempted murder, and unlawful possession of a firearm.

Both Robinson and Smith were denied bond as well.