Law Enforcement Reveals Why Woman Made Bomb Threats

( Last Thursday, the Maine State Police received a phone call from a woman who said she was going to place a bomb at the Puritan Medical Products plant in Pittsfield, Maine. Two hours later the same woman called again and told police that she intended to place four pipe bombs near the Puritan plant.

Immediately the State Police notified Pittsfield police and the sheriff’s offices in both Somerset and Penobscot counties. The Puritan plants were evacuated, disrupting manufacturing operations and shutting down as the plants were searched.

Puritan has two manufacturing sites in Pittsfield, and both sites produce swabs for medical use, primarily for COVID-19 tests. So you can imagine what might have been going through the minds of law enforcement.

Police then traced the phone calls to Etna, Maine. Penobscot deputies, interviewing people in an Etna neighborhood discovered the woman who has placed the calls. During questioning with deputies the woman, 33-year-old Kayla Blake, admitted to placing the bomb threats, but she assured the deputies that there were no bombs.

So why on earth did she phone in two bomb threats at Puritan Medical Products?

Well, that’s the crazy part.

See, Kayla Blake’s boyfriend works at Puritan and she wanted to spend more time with him. So she called in the bomb threats to get him a day off.

Well, it certainly worked. Employees were sent home for the rest of the day thanks to Kayla’s insane plan.

Though it seems as though there might have been a less illegal way to get that much-desired private time with her boyfriend.

Ah well, hindsight.

Thanks to Kayla’s phone calls, not only did four law enforcement agencies deploy, but the Pittsfield Fire Department, the FBI and the security company working with Puritan also descended on the property searching for the non-existent bombs.

Kayla Blake was arrested and charged with a felony count of terrorizing. Her bail was set at $1,500 and she was ordered to stay away from the Puritan property and not have any contact with the company.

Currently there is no word on whether Kayla’s romantic relationship survived the ordeal.