Epstein’s Dead Partner Likely The Body Found By Police, They Say

(JustPatriots.com)- A Jeffrey Epstein associate who was responsible for one of the largest Ponzi schemes was found dead in his Connecticut apartment by police, according to Daily Caller. Steven Hoffenberg was found after police responded to a requested welfare check at 201 Mount Pleasant Street in Derby, CT at around 8 p.m. on August 24.

The body has not yet been identified. The extent of its decomposition made visual or fingerprint identification impossible, the outlet reported.

“A subsequent dental record comparison is underway to make a positive identification and subsequent notifications to appropriate next of kin,” police said in a statement. The time of Hoffenberg’s death is unclear but police report that his social media activity ended on July 26 and after finding the body, it had been a week since someone reportedly spoke to him.

The 77-year-old man was the founder of Towers Financial Corporation, a New York debt collection agency that ran one of the biggest Ponzi schemes in U.S. history, reportedly bilking billionaires of investor dollars for which he spent 18 years in prison. Hoffenberg claims that Epstein was a co-conspirator in the scheme.

Hoffenberg hired Epstein to help at Towers Financial Corporation in the late 80s after meeting through a mutual business associate, telling CBS in an interview that Epstein was his “best friend for years. My closest friend for years…He was my guy, my wingman.”

French modeling agent Jean-Luc Brunel, another associate of Epstein’s who founded a company with him, was accused of sex trafficking and found dead in his cell earlier this year in what was ruled as a suicide. He was previously charged with raping a minor.

At the close of the trial in December 2021, Epstein accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell was found guilty for the sex trafficking of a minor, transporting a minor with the intent to engage in sexual activity, and five of six counts of sexual abuse of minor girls between 1994 and 2004. She is sentenced to serve 55 years in prison. Her lawyers immediately began an appeal.