(JustPatriots.com)- In his continuing quest to place the blame for COVID-19 on President Donald Trump while protecting Joe Biden, anchor Chris Wallace claimed that President Trump and his team had “almost a year” to press China on the origins of the virus – further implying that Team Trump did not.
During a segment on Fox News Sunday featuring former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Wallace grilled Pompeo over his frequent criticisms that the Biden Administration has not pushed hard enough on China. Then, adding the all-to-familiar “But Trump” caveat, Wallace demanded to know what specifically the Trump Administration did to press China for evidence on the origins of COVID-19, because, Wallace concluded, “we still don’t know.”
Pompeo hit back, saying Wallace’s conclusion that “we still don’t know” is all wrong. He asserted that the US already has a “really good idea” of what happened, adding that there is “an enormous amount of evidence” pointing to a leak from the Wuhan Institute of Virology as the starting point of the pandemic.
“There’s a pile of evidence one hundred feet high,” Pompeo said. “I have high confidence that that’s the case.”
Pompeo then reminded Wallace that, in addition to pressing the Communist Chinese government “really hard,” the Trump Administration also withdrew from the World Health Organization which, Pompeo added, “had become politicized.”
By contrast, Pompeo points out that one of the Biden Administration’s first actions was to rejoin the World Health Organization.
Pompeo assured Wallace that the Trump Administration “made it clear” that the Chinese Communist Party would face “real consequences” over their role in the pandemic.
Additionally, Pompeo explained, the Trump Administration “got very close” to being able to make the case for what actually happened and “how this virus came to kill millions of people” and “destroy billions of dollars in wealth.”
Wallace then asked Pompeo directly if he believes the COVID-19 virus originated from a lab leak at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
“I do,” Pompeo said.
Watch the exchange:
It bears repeating that three weeks ago, Fox News reported that the Biden State Department shut down an investigation into the origins of COVID-19 initiated by then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last year.